If you stumbled upon the "using Table Layout Mode" video or the writeup in the packet, you can save some time; that feature is deprecated in CS4:
"Note: The Layout mode feature is deprecated as of Dreamweaver CS4 and later. Layout mode created page layouts using layout tables, which are no longer recommended by Adobe. For more information on Layout mode and why it was deprecated, see the Dreamweaver Team Blog."
ref: Adobe documentation
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, this is disaster, what was Adobe thinking?
ReplyDeleteLayout mode is really great for beginners since it gives you such great control over space until you learn how to control it with AP DIVS and CSS DIVS which will be discussed in a couple of weeks.
I also just tried to find "autostretch", and I could not. I think it went away with Layout mode, and it is specifically mentioned in the Dreamweaver Team Blog as a concept that means nothing.
ReplyDelete